Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Michael Jackson's Death Gave Me My Life

So, it's June 25, 2014.

Well, not really. I'm writing this in February, but scheduling it for this date. So it's February for me, June for you readers.

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff.

Anyway, so on this day, five years ago, my life changed.

Michael Jackson passed away.

Michael was always in the soundtrack of my life somehow. He was in great company with BSB and Garth Brooks. I was listening to music when my sister told me he was in the hospital, and I was watching when his death was announced.His death didn't exactly hit me until that August, and then the devastation set in. I cried for days. I wrote, which is something I still do when I am distraught beyond belief.

However, his death was the catalyst for everything that is happening in my life now.

I met someone on a Michael Jackson forum, who became my best friend (and as of this writing we aren't really friends anymore, and I'm hoping that will change.). She was my lifeline through thick and thin, and I could always count on her to be there when I needed someone to talk to.

Through that wonderful person, I met the man who would become my husband, and a girl who is like my little sister. My husband and I didn't click at first, but then we did and the rest is history.

Through that man, I was given a daughter, who then gave me the motivation to become a self sufficient woman.

So when people say Michael Jackson changed their lives, please do not scoff, as it is possible. It happened to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment