Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Ariel!

Scheduled post alert! More than likely I am with the birthday girl in question, and am no where near the computer.

So, it's Ariel's THIRD birthday! I remember bringing this little girl home and having NO clue what to do with her.

I had recently lost my aunt to leukemia. I was 37 weeks pregnant when she passed away, and the two weeks up to the birth were the most depressing of my life at that point.

But when they put my little girl in my arms for the first time, I felt happiness again. My sorrow was still there, but joy overcame it all.

Since then, my hands have been full with this amazing girl.

She gave us a huge scare the first few months, especially when the pediatrician sent us for a CT Scan. They were concerned about her head size, but it turns out there was just excess spinal fluid and it would go down with age.

It took her a while to reach some milestones, but once she reached them, she knew them. She barely crawled for a few weeks before she started walking. I actually caught her first steps on tape. Sadly, it's a part of a Facebook that is now defunct. I may get it back just to post the video.

Her first birthday was a week after Brad and I got married, and it was amazing. I felt this rush like "We did it. We made it through the first year of parenting."

The second year was so exciting. She started walking, and she kept us on our toes when she started running. Right before her second birthday, she began talking. The talking had me worried, because while she knew "mama" and "dada", that was all she would say.

This third year would be a challenge. She began potty training, and she learned her letters and colors. The move was this year as well (still hasn't happened at the time this was written).

These past three years have been such a whirlwind. I still can't believe I'm a mother sometimes, but when I read to this little girl at night before bed, I feel so much love in my heart and I can't imagine my life without her.

Happy birthday, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment