Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Biggest Loser Finale: Did She Go Too Far?

So, The Biggest Loser finale was last night. I missed it, but I caught up this morning.

So, Rachel Fredrickson won. Awesome, right?

Wrong, according to some. And by the looks on Jillian's and Bob's faces, I think they'd agree.

Rachel went in at 260 pounds, and won the competition at 105 pounds, which means she's lost 60% of her body weight.

Photo courtesy of Us Weekly


Now, normally, I'd be ecstatic that someone was so dedicated and had so much willpower. However, after seeing the pictures for myself, I was not happy. I was sad.

Rachel looks way too skinny now, and the fact that she's lost THIS much in a few months is cause for concern.

I understand wanting to be healthy, but that doesn't mean you take it from one extreme to the other.

I can hear people calling me jealous now, and while yes, I am envious of one's ability to lose weight so fast, I am not envious of swapping one unhealthy lifestyle for the other. I am overweight, and that's my own personal battle I need to fight. I've researched what a healthy body weight is for my height (which is the same as Rachel's), and it's in the 120s.

Now, I know that after the show, they all tend to even out and all that, but I really hope that Rachel can put a little weight back on. I am so proud of the fact that she did get the weight off, but I do not condone going so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment