Monday, January 20, 2014

Introductions

Hello, everyone who is reading this. Only me at the moment, so HI ME!

Now that we've established that I am talking to myself, let me introduce myself.

My name is Rebecca. I am about to be 23 years old, and I am about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.

Actually, I'm only moving from North Carolina to Tulsa, Oklahoma, which isn't really considered a journey of a lifetime by most people.

However, it is the first time I'm leaving my home state to live somewhere else.

I am also a mother to a beautiful two year old girl. My Ariel Grace was born August 4, 2011. Her father's birthday was the next day, so I think I have a great excuse not to get him a birthday present for a while!

I married her father on July 28, 2012. Brad is someone who I had to get used to at first. Then he grew on me and I decided to give him a chance.

We didn't plan on getting married or having children, but life had different plans for us, you know? I found out I was pregnant, and honestly, I was scared out of my mind. Brad stepped up, got a decent job, and is a great father to our daughter. She is a daddy's girl, and looks just like him.

I don't really know why I decided to start this blog. Boredom, perhaps?

I find that writing calms me down. For example, I had a major disagreement with a girl I once considered my best friend. This was around the same time as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). To ease the pain of the emotional trauma I was going through, I turned to writing. I finished my entire NaNoWriMo project in three weeks. Funny thing is, I could not remember a single thing I wrote until I re-read it all. My mind just closes off to everything but the story that wants to come out when I'm in the zone. Sidenote: Ironically, me and aforementioned former friend actually became close through writing.

So this blog...I don't want to say it's a mommy blog. I'm not the type to tell people how to do this or what to do, because I'm still learning this parenting thing. I mean sure, I have an opinion, but so does every other women who has pushed a kid out of their vagina (or, in my case, cut out of the uterus).

I guess this is where I will put my rants, my own parenting wins and fails, and maybe some words of wisdom to anyone who wants them.

But who am I kidding? I'm probably only talking to myself, anyway! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment